About Winter Writing Competition
Be inspired by Beauty and The Beast and tell us a new tale about your favourite mythical creature or invent your own!
Primary School Age Category: One side of A4 (500 words)
Secondary School Age Category: Two Sides of A4 (1,000 words)
Judged by writer Miranda Walker
(The Roses Pantomime - Beauty and The Beast 2023, CBBC, Cbeebies and Milkshake!)
Shortlisted stories will be announced on Monday 18th December and have their stories on display at The Roses. Those shortlisted will be invited to our prize giving which will take place during our Christmas Cabaret on Thursday 28th December at 8.30pm at The Roses Theatre.
There will be a winner and two runners up in each category:
Winners will recieve a family ticket to The Roses Pantomime 2024, Cinderella.
Runners Up will win a family film ticket.
To Submit your child's story please fill out this form: The Roses Winter Writing Competition (jotform.com)
Thurs 16th Nov: Competition opens
Sat 9th Dec: Writing workshop at Tewkesbury Library
Thurs 14th Dec: Competition closes
Mon 18th Dec: Shortlist announced
Fri 22nd Dec: Winner’s decided by Miranda Walker
Thurs 28th Dec: Prize giving at the RYC Christmas Cabaret
- Storyline or journey
- Reader’s enjoyment
- Stories must be written by an individual, not group or organisation
- Stories cannot be a retelling of a story, fairy tale or historical event, but can use existing characters
- Title not included in word count
- Punctuation and grammar will not be included in judging criteria
- Stories must be submitted online (special allowances can be made for accessibility purposes)